About the Event
The event is organized by Kontiolahti Sport Club at the Kontiolahti Biathlon Stadium, which is an excellent and efficient unit of competition facilities.
- the stadium area, the shooting range of 30 targets (Kurvinen) and the versatile course
- a valid IBU A-license 2008-2016
- renewed and lengthened (-11) roller ski track, 4 km
- cooled ski track, constructed 2004, length 1,5 km
- several biathlon competition courses from 2 to 7,5 km and easy 10-20 km training tracks
- main building 500 m², was extended by 309 m² in 2013
- 21 modern, permanent waxing cabins and changing rooms
- a permanent (300 m²) press center, which was extended 299 m² in 2013
- a stand for more than 10 000 spectators
- a permanent, graphic information board
- a restaurant
- the Biathlon Stadium is located 120 meters above sea level. The tracks vary between 89 and 129 meters above sea level.
- Anna Weidel from Germany was the winner at IBU ...
- Alexander Loginov from Russia wrapped-up his IB...
- Russian biathletes continued their dominance al...
- Alexander Povarnitsyn and Alexander Loginov cla...
- Russian biathletes took the first two spots in ...