Kontiolahti Stadium is located 15 km north from Joensuu. Over the years, it has hosted several top class events in biathlon and cross-country skiing, in winter and summer.
IBU World Championships Biathlon 1999 and 2015
IBU World Cups 1990 (final), 1993 (final), 1997, 2003 (opening), 2006, 2007 (opening), 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2017
• A valid IBU A-licence
• Competition facilities are ready
– Stadium area
– Shooting range with 30 illuminated targets, 1000 lux, renewed 2011
– Competition tracks
– Separate and ventilated, permanent wax cabins and changing rooms (21 pcs) + temporary wax cabins with easy access to the Start and Finish area.
• Other facilities which are ready
– Main building 500 m²
– Media centre 599 m²
– Tv-compound area 3000 m², including TV-centre building 200 m²
– Parking area for spectators, outside the stadium
– Other parking areas, mainly in the stadium area
- Skiing season in Kontiolahti Biathlon Stadium a...
- Five months and world’s best biathletes are onc...
- Simon Lukkonen who studies in Rovaniemi Univers...
- Austria skied to the victory of Sunday’s Single...
- The three-day biathlon event in Kontiolahti was...