Kontiolahti Stadium is located 15 km north from Joensuu. Over the years, it has hosted several top class events in biathlon and cross-country skiing, in winter and summer.
IBU World Championships Biathlon 1999 and 2015
IBU World Cups 1990 (final), 1993 (final), 1997, 2003 (opening), 2006, 2007 (opening), 2010, 2012 and 2014
• A valid IBU A-licence
• Competition facilities are ready
– Stadium area
– Shooting range with 30 illuminated targets, 1000 lux, renewed 2011
– Competition tracks
– Separate and ventilated, permanent wax cabins and changing rooms (21 pcs) + temporary wax cabins with easy access to the Start and Finish area.
• Other facilities which are ready
– Main building 500 m²
– Media centre 599 m²
– Tv-compound area 3000 m², including TV-centre building 200 m²
– Parking area for spectators, outside the stadium
– Other parking areas, mainly in the stadium area
- Simon Lukkonen who studies in Rovaniemi Univers...
- Austria skied to the victory of Sunday’s Single...
- The three-day biathlon event in Kontiolahti was...
- BMW IBU World Cup in Kontiolahti has been a hug...
- Germany’s Arnd Peiffer skied to the victory in ...