The recruitment of volunteers will be opened later in fall 2017, most likely during October-17.
As preliminary info: Following guidelines apply in the recruitment of wcup volunteers for year 2018:
- Volunteers coming abroad are primarily offered positions in spectator services, meaning for example ticket sales, ticket control, information office, cleaning duties (trash picking) etc. Some exceptions will be made and few positions are open also in other sectors.
- The volunteer must be over 16 years old. Under 16 year old volunteers are accepted only with a parent or other family member who is over 18 years old. If you are 16-17 years old you need to have permission from your parents to be able to volunteer.
- Good language skills in English are required (reading and speaking skills)
- In general, volunteers for only one day are not accepted. Those who can volunteer two or more days are preferred. The accreditation is given only for volunteering days.
- Volunteer accommodation is most likely in Kontioranta approximately 2 km from the Stadium and approx. 12 km from Joensuu City Centre. Volunteers are themselves responsible for arranging transportation from bus/railway station and airport to the Stadium/Volunteer accommodation. Transportation from accommodation to the stadium and vice versa is not offered. To be able to conveniently move around we prefer volunteers who have a car in their use, this is for your own convenience. Public transportation has some bus connections to Kontioranta but the buses don’t go too often (approx. once per hour and during night time not at all).
+ getting new experiences
+ meeting new people
+ learning new skills
+ getting 10 % discount on Kontiolahti Biathlon products
+ free volunteer hat
+ lunch, coffee, tea during volunteering days
+ volunteers of 2-5 days: one free ticket to track stands in World Cup 7; volunteering more than 5 days: 2 free tickets to track stands
+ experiencing the warmth of Biathlon Family
Accommodation (not yet confirmed for year 2018)
In 2018 we aim to organize accommodation near stadium for volunteers who came outside Kontiolahti-Joensuu region. The cost of accommodation per person per night is not yet confirmed. The accommodation will be group accommodation, separate rooms for women and men. There are showers and possibility to make breakfast/other meals.
During volunteering days there is warm lunch, coffee and tea provided for volunteers.
There will be transportation for volunteers from Joensuu City centre and from Kontiolahti to the stadium during competition days.
If you are interested in volunteering in IBU World Cup 7 in Kontiolahti or have any questions regarding volunteering in our events, please don’t hesitate to contact Tiia Boman, the chief of volunteers (firstname.lastname@example.org / +358 400 286 352). Note that application process has not yet started and we do not accept any applications via email at the moment. Applications sent before the recruitment is opened will not be considered.
- Skiing season in Kontiolahti Biathlon Stadium a...
- Five months and world’s best biathletes are onc...
- Simon Lukkonen who studies in Rovaniemi Univers...
- Austria skied to the victory of Sunday’s Single...
- The three-day biathlon event in Kontiolahti was...