The recruitment of foreign volunteers is now opened. You can fill in the application form HERE.
Applications via email are not considered. All the submitted forms will be read through separately and everyone is given an answer whether we can or can not offer you a volunteering position. Note that the competition sector is reserved for local volunteers and only few exceptions are made.
Following guidelines apply in the recruitment of world cup volunteers for year 2018:
- Volunteers coming abroad are primarily offered positions in spectator services, meaning for example ticket sales, ticket control, information office, after race -team etc.
- The volunteer must be over 16 years old. Under 16 year old volunteers are accepted only with a parent or other family member who is over 18 years old. If you are 16-17 years old you need to have permission from your parents to be able to volunteer.
- Good language skills in English are required (reading and speaking skills)
- In general, volunteers for only one day are not accepted. Those who can volunteer two or more days are preferred. The accreditation is given only for volunteering days.
- Volunteer accommodation is in Kontioranta approximately 2 km from the Stadium and approx. 12 km from Joensuu city center. Volunteers are themselves responsible for arranging transportation from bus/railway station and airport to the Stadium/Volunteer accommodation. Transportation from accommodation to the stadium and vice versa is not offered. To be able to conveniently move around we prefer volunteers who have a car in their use, this is for your own convenience. Public transportation has some bus connections to Kontioranta but the buses don’t go too often (approx. once per hour and during night time not at all).
+ getting new experiences
+ meeting new people
+ learning new skills
+ getting 10 % discount on Kontiolahti Biathlon products
+ free volunteer hat
+ lunch, coffee, tea during volunteering days
+ volunteers of 2-5 days: one free ticket to track stands in World Cup 7; volunteering more than 5 days: 2 free tickets to track stands
+ experiencing the warmth of Biathlon Family
As in 2017 also in 2018 we organize accommodation near stadium in Sportbed for volunteers who came outside Kontiolahti-Joensuu region. The cost of accommodation per person per night is 12 e per night per person. The accommodation will be group accommodation, separate rooms for women and men. There are separate showers and toilets and possibility to make breakfast/other meals.
If you don’t bring your own bed linen you can rent them from Sportbed. Price is 4 e / set. Towel rent is 3 e per towel.
Reception open 17-22.
If you don’t want to make your own breakfast, it is possible to buy it. Breakfast 8€/person (minimum 10 reservations).
During volunteering days there is warm lunch, coffee and tea provided for volunteers.
There will be transportation for volunteers from Joensuu city centre and from Kontiolahti to the stadium during competition days.
If you are interested in volunteering in IBU World Cup 7 in Kontiolahti and have some questions regarding volunteering in our events, please don’t hesitate to contact Sanna Pukki, the volunteer coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org / +358 41 4785416). Note that this year we do not accept any applications via email. Applications sent via email will not be considered. Applying only by filling in the form.
- Kontiolahden ampumahiihdon maailmancupiin 8. –1...
- Would you like to come and watch the Biathlon W...
- The Biathlon World Cup event has been improved ...
- Ticket sales for the Biathlon World Cup are adv...
- The volunteer recruitment is now open both in E...